Enjoy nightly book talks with your child!
Suggested books or genres:
· Fairy Tales
· Nursery Rhymes
· Aesop’s Fables
· Tall Tales
· Picture books (great for discussions)
· Wordless books
Topics to discuss as your child reads or you read to your child:
- Characters (Are they nice, mean, etc.? Do you like what they are doing? )
- Setting(Where did the story take place? How can you tell?)
- Who (Who is the main character? )
- What happened at the beginning, middle, & end?
- When did the story take place? (time period, season, time of day?)
- Why did the author write this story? Why did the characters feel(happy, sad, scared, etc.)?
- How are______ and _______different? How are they alike?
- Problem/solution(Did everything the character try work?)
- Change or alter the ending to create a different outcome