FUNdamentalsBASIC SKILLS INSTRUCTIONFOR LANGUAGE ARTS AND MATHEMATICS
FUNdamentals provides supplemental instruction in Language Arts Literacy and Mathematics for identified students in grades K-8. This program has been designed to meet your child's individual instructional needs. The goal of the program is to remediate targeted skills and/or gaps in learning in order for our students to perform at a level commensurate with his or her grade placement.Language Arts Instruction:Grade 1-8: Kindle Kuriscak x2830Grade K-2: Kali Sullivan x2842Math Instruction:Grade K-2: Kali Sullivan x2842Grade 3-5: Teresa Reichey x2845Grade 6: Carrie Eastmond x2821Grade 7: Andrew Manser x2834Grade 8: Jestine Jones x2890GUIDELINES FOR INSTRUCTION:
Recommendation for Placement (Grades K - 8)
Grade K - 3:
- Teacher Recommendation based on ELA/Math grades (84 and below) & academic needs observed
- For Grades 4-8 NJSLA scores will also be considered in the areas of Language Arts Literacy/Mathematics
***Other methods of possible placement in program:
- Teacher Recommendation:
- Administrative Recommendation
- Recommendation of I&RS/504 Committee
- Parental Request
Length of Classes
Our classes are designed to meet the needs of the students. Our classes typically are two pull-out periods per week.
Kindergarten: two push-in periods per week
- Grade 1-2: For LA, students will recieve two pull-out periods and a push-in period. For Math, students will recieve a push-in period for TouchMath and two pull-out periods.
Grade 3-5: For LA, students will recieve two pull-out periods and a push-in period, if needed. For Math, students will recieve a push-in period and two pull-out periods for further instruction.Grades 6-8: Two pull-out periods for LA and/or Math.