Engineering & STEM Scholarships
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Scholarships
- Various amounts; application window December - March 1st.
- ASME undergraduate or graduate student members worldwide are eligible for multiple academic scholarships, with generous funding made possible by various donors through the ASME Foundation and the ASME Auxiliary.
Association for Iron & Steel Technology (AIST) Foundation
AIST Foundation offers 30 scholarships, 29 for $6,000 each and one for $12,000. Full-time freshmen, sophomore, junior Engineering Students (Met, Ms, Chem, Ele, Mech, Env, Comp, Ind) may apply, seniors if they are going to graduate school with a qualifying GPA of 2.5 that are Citizens from US, Canada, Mexico may apply.
Two endorsement letters required. Student must show strong interest in the steel industry. Student must be able to commit to a paid summer internship preceding the funding.
- Up to $2,500; NBT Trade School, Community/Technical College, or University Scholarships.
- The Fabricators & Manufacturers Association's (FMA) foundation, "Nuts, Bolts & Thingamajigs"® (NBT), awards scholarships to students majoring in programs that lead to careers in manufacturing.
- See the list of approved fields of study.
- Scholarships are awarded in the spring and fall of each year.
PLTW Student Opportunities
- Find various scholarships, college, career, and recognition opportunities available to PLTW students.
REC Foundation scholarships program
- Search over 500 Scholarships worth a combined total of $30 Million! NOTE: SOME of these scholarships are limited to students who have participated in VEX Robotics Competitions.
SMART Scholarship-for-Service Program
- The Department of Defense (DoD) Science, Mathematics, and Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship-for-Service Program is a combined educational and workforce development opportunity for bachelors, masters, and Ph.D. students to gain technical skills in critical STEM fields and support the national security mission of DoD. SMART offers full tuition, summer internships, and guaranteed civilian employment with the DoD upon graduation.
- Application window November - February 1st annually.
- Scholarships range from $1,000 - $6,000 and can be used for tuition, books or lab/course fees related to attaining a technical or engineering education.
- Students can re-apply every year.
- "The SME Education Foundation’s multiple scholarships offer students a powerful reason to choose a manufacturing focused education."
Many national and local scholarships are available to MHS students through their SCOIR accounts. This is a searchable database.Please check the MHS Guidance Department's Scholarship Opportunities page for other local scholarships students may apply to.