Road To Freshman Year
Incoming 9th Grade Parents/Guardians,
My name is Lauren Saliski, I am the 9th grade counselor at Manasquan High School and I will be guiding you and your 8th grader through this momentous transition to high school! Below is a timeline of what you can expect during the months leading up to freshman year!
- Please join us on February 2nd or 3rd at 7pm for one of our Virtual Manasquan High School Information Sessions. Both sessions will offer the same information, please choose the day that is most convenient for you! The link to join will be found under the "MHS Virtual Information Session" tab.
- 8th grade families can also register for personal tours of Manasquan High School under the "Prospective Student Tours" tab.
- Honors Placement Test is tentatively scheduled for March 8th, more details to come.
- The Manasquan High School counselors will review course selections and develop a schedule for each student.
- Student schedules will be finalized. The Manasquan High School Counselors will be available, by request, to meet and answer any additional questions regarding scheduling and the high school transition.
- Information will be sent home for parents/guardians to sign up for the Genesis Parent Portal. Please remember to notify your sending district of the school your child will be attending.
- Freshmen Orientation will be scheduled prior to the start of school. As soon as the date is set, information will be mailed home and posted on the Manasquan High School website. Schedules will be released for students to view via the Genesis Portal.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information throughout this process, please contact me, Lauren Saliski, via email or phone, email@example.com or 732-528-8820 x1016.
9th Grade Counselor