Meet the MHS Library Media Specialist:
Amy Edwards, MLIS
732-528-8820 Ext. 1450
The Media Center is Room 460Looking forward to seeing you in the Media Center!Mrs. Edwards
My other roles here at MHS:
- Academy of Engineering, Director
- Innovation Lab, Faculty Advisor
- FTC Robotics Team #11003, Coach
- WISE: Women In Science & Engineering, Club Advisor
Master's in Library & Information Science (MLIS), Rutgers University [School Library Media Specialist]
Carnigie Mellon University Robotics Academy: Gold Certified EV3 Robotics Instructor
Bachelor of Science in Biology, Richard Stockton College of New Jersey
Years Experience as a Professional Librarian: 14
Background: I began working at MHS in the 2013-2014 school year as the School Library Media Specialist. I have a diverse background in the library field working with & teaching library users of all ages. I've also spent time in K-8 school libraries, hospital libraries and public libraries.
Subjects I Teach:
Extra Help: Thursdays after school until 3:15 p.m. or by appointment.
- Within the Academy of Engineering, I teach the course Introduction to Engineering Robotics.
- Within the Innovation Lab, I teach extracurrucular classes in 3D Model Design, Competition Robotics (FTC), and other emerging technologies as requested by the students.
- Withing the Media Center, I teach information literacy skills in collaboration with the classroom teachers. I use interactive, authentic learning activities to engage students. Examples of the content we incorporate into students' curriculum include: Information Literacy, including Digital & Transmedia literacies, Research Skills and a love of reading!