In the Media Center, you will...
- Be courteous to others working nearby by keeping your voices low.
- Be prepared to work constructively.
- Respect school property and others.
- Bring your positive attitude and willingness to learn!
In the Media Center, staff will...
- Be open to answering your questions about library-related matters.
- Help you find the resources you need.
- Assist you with citing your sources.
- Share their knowledge about interesting books, the research process, useful databases, and utilization of technology!
- Store/throw out any food & drink prior to entering the Media Center.
- Get a pass from the teacher whose project you're working on.
- Bring your pass to the library.
- Turnstile in/out of the Media Center on each visit.
- Obtain permission and a hall pass prior to leaving the Media Center during class time.
- Cheating and Plagiarism are not tolerated - school academic integrity policies will be followed.
- Students may work in the Media Center during Community Lunches, or regular class time, with a pass, as long as there are work spaces available.
- Students reporting to the Media Center without a pass will be sent back to class.
- Students may work in the Media Center before and after school, as long as there is a Media Center staff person present.
- Please be aware that teachers and their classes have priority use of the Media Center.
Consequences for disruptions and inappropriate behavior:
- Verbal warning.
- Ejection from the library (back to class), Teacher detention, and a call to home.
- Referral to the Assistant Principal's office