Scholarship Opportunities (Class of 2019)-Check back often for updates!!*Click on link to view PDF or web link of each scholarship below. Scholarships will be posted in order in which they were received (newest on top). Deadlines for each scholarship will be listed in PDF or link. Follow directions specifically for each scholarship.***Aside from the LOCAL scholarships listed below, be sure to check out the NATIONAL database of scholarships in your Naviance account.CLICK HERE***Outside (non-MHS affiliated) websites also have scholarship opportunities to check out:
The Sea Lavender Garden Club is offering two scholarships to a graduating senior of good standing from Avon, Belmar, Bradley Beach, Brielle, Lake Como, Manasquan, Sea Girt, Spring Lake, or Spring Lake Heights. Priority will be given to students of academic achievement who plan to study horticulture, floriculture, landscape design, botany, plant pathology, agronomy, environmental science, city planning, land management, nutrition, or related subjects.
To be eligible for consideration, you must meet the following criteria:
1. Have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
2. Have been a member of the MHS/ PPB swim team for a minimum of three years.
3. Be enrolled in a post secondary program for the 2020 academic year. This includes a two or four year college or vocational/ trade program.
4. Submission of essay.
There are over 15 scholarships available here for Key Club participants who have exemplified incomparable dedication to serving the children of our world, and have been upholders of the objects of Key Club International during their high school years.
1. Applicants must be a graduating high school senior who will receive a diploma from an accredited high school, located within the state where they apply. Applicants must be accepted for admission to an accredited college or university, matriculating the following year.
2. Each eligible student must have a father, mother or natural guardian who meets the following qualifications:
a. The student’s school must be located in the state where the parent is a full-time active employee OR within a
100-mile radius of where the parent is a full-time active employee.
b. Parent must be a full-time paid member of the police or sheriff’s department or fire department. Parent/guardian
may also be a volunteer member of a fire department.
c. Parent or guardian must be an active duty police officer, firefighter, paramedic, or EMT (public sector). Children of
administrative staff do not qualify.
d. Children of DHS, FBI and other Federal employees do not qualify.
e. Children of reserve officers, part-time sheriff’s deputies and retired, or deceased employees do not qualify
Students elgiible for this scholarship must be Spring Lake Heights residents and have graduated from Spring Lake Heights Elementary School. The committee is looking for students who are invovled, well-rounded individuals, dedicated to pursuing their goals, while enhancing their own lives and those of the people around them.
1. Son or daughter of a disabled veteran, parent killed in service to our country, or is a veteran (active, retired, or honrably discharged)
2. A Senior in high school
3. Parent's proof of service
4. GPA of 2.75 or higher
5. Plans to attend a two year or four year college, trade or vocational school, or entering the military after graduation
6. Essay on parent and his/ her service to our country of 250 words
7. Involvement of students in school, community, church, activities
8. Two letters or recommendation (one from a teacher and one from any other source that is not a relative)
9. Student's plans for the future
THis scholarship is offered to graduating seniors who are residents of Spring Lake and Spring Lake Heights and are pursuing careers in the medical field.
A one-time award of up to $1500 will be given to one high school senior who lives near Jersey Shore Premium Outlets or a nearby community. The student must plan to attend an accredited university, two or four year college, or technical or vocational school full-time in Fall 2020.
The committe's criteria for awarding this scholarship includes the following:
1. Student cumulative grade point average - transcript of grades
2. Intended College Major
4. Extracurricular Activities
5. Letter of recommendation from Guidance Department or major subject teacher
6. Copy of college acceptance letter
The Garden Club cover sheet must be included with checklist completed.
1. The student must have a minimum academic average of "B" on a 4.0 scale.
2. The student must plan to attend an accredited, 2-4 year degree-granting college or university
3. The student must be enrolled as a graduating senior (class of 2020) in a Monmouth or Ocean High School
4. Students who are sons/ daughters of a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority are not eligible to apply.
5. Scholarships are open to both male and female students.
The Friendly Sons of St. Patrick of the Jersey Shore Foundation are offering Brother Peter Mannion Memorial Grants of $1000 for high school students who are residents of Monmouth or Ocean Counties, and who will be attending an institution of higher learning next September. At least ten grants will be awarded in May of 2020.
To be eligible, a student must have at least one parent, grandparent, or great-grandparent of Irish Heritage. Financial need and academic excellence are also prime considerations.
Eligible applicants must be or have been a full time high school student in good standing for the most recent school year. Applicants must be accepted to attend a college or university and have an interest in engaging in studies that may benefit the mosquito control community. The applicant must have a family member or sponsor who is an active member of the NJ Mosquito Control Association.
This scholarship is open to full time graduating high school seniors in good academic standing (minimum unweighted cumulative GPA of 3.4 pn a 4-point scale), of any ethnic or cultural background, who plan to attend an accredited college or university (2-year and 4-year) in Fall of 2020.
Any graduating senior whose home school district is a member of the Monmouth/ Ocean Chapter of the NJSBGA is eligible to apply. The student must be pursuing an Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. There are no restrictions for their course of study.
Applicants must be graduating seniors and preparing to matriculate at a 4-year college/ university. Transcript, school profile, and SAT scores must be mailed from guidance office.
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must be a graduating senior of good academic standign from Spring Lake, Spring Lake Heights, Avon. Belmar, Bradley Beach, Brielle, Lake Como, Manasquan, Sea Girt, or Wall. They should plan to study horticulture, floriculture, landscape design, botany, plant pathology, agronomy, environmental science, city planning, land management or related subjects.
All applications must be received by April 1.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- demonstrate at school, at the workplace, and within the community the attributes of leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship
- demonstrate a strong academic performance
- be citizens of the United States of America
- be current high school seniors attending high school in the US
- plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study toward a bachelor's degree at an accredited undergraduate course of study
This essay contest is open to all college-bound high school seniors who submit an essay application through a Chapter of the Fraternity.