SPORTS APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
The Manasquan School District is offering FREE SPORTS PHYSICALS on July 1st, 2021 to anyone looking to tryout for a sport for the 2021-2022 school year. Please click here for more information.
Season Start Date:
MHS Application Opens:
Application and Medical Paperwork Due:
August 16, 2021
Football/ Girls Tennis: August 09, 2021
Thursday, May 13, 2021 Friday, July 16, 2021
Below is an outline of the steps necessary to participate in MHS Athletics.
Be sure to complete both Part A and Part B for your Sports Application.
Note: If you attend Point Pleasant Beach High School and are participating in one of our CO-OP programs, you must be cleared by the PPB Athletics Department.
Part A: Online Registration
Select one of the following:
1. I have a student who attends Manasquan High School and I have a Genesis Parent Portal account:
- Sign into your Genesis Parent Portal acount and access the current Sports Application under the Forms tab.
2. I have a current Manasquan High School student and I need to register for a Genesis Parent Portal account:
- Please complete the Access Request Form and return it to the Guidance Office. Completed forms may also be emailed to the address listed directly below.
- Any Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: 732-528-8820 Ext. 1010
3. I have a student who attends one of the MCVSD Academies and lives in a MHS sending districts:
- Please follow the steps here: Athletics Registration for Students Outside of MHS
- Note: If you have a current 8th grader who will be attending a MCVSD Academy in the fall, please be sure to inform your elementary school so that it is reflected in our records.
Part B: Medical Paperwork
Select one of the following:
1. Full Sports Physical Evaluation Packet, including Health History Update: (Must be completed if the last physical exam was more than 365 days from the sport's official start date)
- All students planning to participate in sports must have one comprehensive sport physical per year. According to N.J.A.C. 6A:16-2.2 et.seq. each candidate for a school athletic team must have a medical examination within 365 days of the sport's official start date.
- Download the packet here: Sports Physical Evaluation Packet
2. Healthy History Update Form (Must be completed within 90 days of the sport's official start date, if not turning in the Full Sports Physical Evaluation Packet)
- *This is a mandatory form and must be submitted to the nurse's office for the student-athlete for each sport season.
- Download the form here: Health Update Form
Physical forms and Health History Update Questionnaires must be brought to the High School Nurse to be considered for clearance to participate.
3. Based on the student-athlete's health conditions, the nurse's office may require additional medical forms to be completed prior to clearance. These include: Medication Authorization Form; Asthma Action Plan; Food Allergy Plan; Seizure Action Plan; Diabetes Medical Management Plan) Not completing these forms may delay your student-athlete's clearance to participate.