Road To Freshman Year
Incoming 9th Grade Parents/Guardians,
My name is Lauren Saliski, I am the 9th grade counselor at Manasquan High School and I will be guiding you and your 8th grader through this momentous transition to high school! Below is a timeline of what you can expect during the months leading up to freshman year!
- 8th grade students and families attend the Virtual Manasquan High School Information Sessions.
- 8th grade families register for personal tours of Manasquan High School.
- The Manasquan High School counselors review course selections and develop a schedule for each student.
- Students that are not currently attending 8th grade at one of the sending disctrict schools will complete a 9th grade schedule during the registration process.
- Student schedules are finalized. The Manasquan High School Counselors are available, by request, to meet and answer any additional questions regarding scheduling and the high school transition.
- Information is sent home for parents/guardians to sign up for the Genesis Parent Portal. Please remember to notify your sending district of the school your child will be attending.
- Counselors are available throughout the summer to register new students and support students/families in planning for the upcoming school year.
- Freshmen Orientation is scheduled prior to the start of school.
- As soon as the date is set, information is mailed home and posted on the Manasquan High School website.
- Schedules are released for students to view via the Genesis Portal.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information throughout this process, please contact me, Lauren Saliski, via email or phone, email@example.com or 732-528-8820 x1016.
9th Grade Counselor