SPORTS APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
Season Start Date:
MHS Application Opens:
Application and Medical Paperwork Due:
September 14, 2020 Tuesday, May 26, 2020 Friday, August 21, 2020
December 3, 2020 Wednesday, October 14, 2020 Friday, November 13, 2020
IMPORTANT UPDATE: On Thursday, November 19, 2020, the NJSIAA Sports Advisory Task Force announced an update to the Return-to-Play Plan for the 2020-2021 school year. Summarized in the chart below are the adjustments that have been made to the original season dates for the following sports:
December 14, 2020
January 4, 2020
February 17, 2020
Basketball and Bowling
January 11, 2021
January 26, 2021
March 6, 2021
Swimming and Indoor Track & Field
February 1, 2021
February 16, 2021
March 27, 2021
Gymnastics, Girls Volleyball, Wrestling
March 1, 2021
March 16, 2021
April 24, 2021
Below is an outline of the steps necessary to participate in MHS Athletics.
Be sure to complete both Part A and Part B for your Sports Application.
Note: If you attend Point Pleasant Beach High School and are participating in one of our CO-OP programs, you must be cleared by the PPB Athletics Department.
Part A: Online Registration
Select one of the following:
1. I have a student who attends Manasquan High School and I have a Genesis Parent Portal account:
- Sign into your Genesis Parent Portal acount and access the current Sports Application under the Forms tab.
2. I have a current Manasquan High School student and I need to register for a Genesis Parent Portal account:
- Please complete the Access Request Form and return it to the Guidance Office. Completed forms may also be emailed to the address listed directly below.
- Any Questions? Email: email@example.com / Phone: 732-528-8820 Ext. 1010
3. I have a student who attends one of the MCVSD Academies and lives in a MHS sending districts:
- Please follow the steps here: Athletics Registration for Students Outside of MHS
Part B: Medical Paperwork
Select one of the following:
1. Full Sports Physical Evaluation Packet, including Health History Update: (Must be completed if the last physical exam was more than 365 days from the sport's official start date)
- All students planning to participate in sports must have one comprehensive sport physical per year. According to N.J.A.C. 6A:16-2.2 et.seq. each candidate for a school athletic team must have a medical examination within 365 days of the sport's official start date.
- Download the packet here: Sports Physical Evaluation Packet
2. Healthy History Update Form (Must be completed within 90 days of the sport's official start date, if not turning in the Full Sports Physical Evaluation Packet)
- *This is a mandatory form and must be submitted to the nurse's office for the student-athlete for each sport season. There is a new Update Form for the 2020-21 school year, with questions regarding COVID-19. Please be sure to download the newest version.
- Download the form here: Health Update Form
Physical forms and Health History Update Questionnaires must be returned to the Nurse's Mailbox in the Main Office to be considered for clearance to participate.
(Based on the student-athlete's health conditions, the nurse's office may require additional medical forms to be completed prior to clearance)