Student One-to-One Laptop Program for Grades 5 - 12
2021-2022 School Year
The Manasquan School District is excited to continue our Student Mobile Technology Initiative this year. This year, the district will be providing a Dell device to students in grades 5-12 as part of our digital learning initiative aimed at preparing students for college and careers in the 21st century. In this program, each student will be issued a device for the duration of the school year which they will be expected to bring to all classes but may also take home.
Device Distribution for 2021-22
This year, we encourage everyone to go paperless to make it easier to pick up your device. To get your device the easiest way possible, you'll need to complete three easy steps:
1. Parent Completes the "Student Laptop Agreement & Use Fee" Form in the Parent Portal
- Parent* must login to the Parent Portal and select the "Student Laptop Agreement & Use Fee" form under the Forms tab. (*Students cannot access this form from their account.)
- Complete, electronically sign, and submit the form.
- Alternatively, you can print, complete, sign and bring the printable form to your pickup.
2. Pay the Techhology Use Fee Online (optional)
Students and parents have the option to pay a $60 technology use fee which, if paid, will cover the fine for first-time accidental damage of the device and/or its peripherals. See the details under the Technology Use Fee section below.
- To pay the optional technology use fee online, go to PaySchools Central and login or create a new account.
(To create an account, you will need your child's Manasquan Student ID, First Name, and Last Name exactly as it appears in our system. You can confirm these in the Parent Portal.)
- After you have logged in and linked your child to your account, navigate to the Dashboard.
- Under your selected child's Fees section, add the "Technology Use Fee 2021-22 SY" $60 fee to your cart.
- If you have multiple children and wish to pay all of their fees, you can link all of them and add each's fee to the cart before checking out.
- Once your cart is complete, go to the Cart and 'Checkout.'
- You can pay with a credit or debit card or checking account transfer.
Online payments are subject to a convenience charge of $1.95 per checking account transfer or 4.0% for a debit or credit card payment.
- Once you payment is made, a record of the transaction will be displayed in your Parent Portal Fees & Fines tab.
- Alternatively, you can bring a cash or check (payable to Manasquan School District) payment to your pickup.
3. Pick-Up Your Laptop
- Students who have not yet picked up thier laptop may do so during the following times (appointments not required):
- Tuesday, September 7: 12:00pm - 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 8: 12:00 pm - 2:00pm
- All pick-ups for both HS and ES students will be in the HS gymnasium.
- The pickup process should take about 10 minutes.
Forms, Policies & Information
- Student Technology Device & Use Fee Form
- BOE Policy #7523 School District Provided Technology Devices to Pupils
- BOE Policy #2361 Acceptable Use of Computer Network/Computers and Resources
Techology Use Fee
In accordance with Manasquan Board of Education Policy #7523 (School District Provided Technology Devices to Pupils), the District is offering pupils/parents the option to pay a technology use fee to protect pupil/parent from bearing the full fine cost for accidental damage of the device and/or its peripherals.
- Payment of an annual, non-refundable $60 use fee covers first time accidental damage to the device/peripherals as defined above. After initial damage, the parent/pupil may elect to pay an additional $60 two additional times to cover a repair fine as long as it is received prior to the subsequent damage. The full fine cost of subsequent repairs for damage will be charged to the parent/pupil.
- All damage to a device/peripherals must be reported to the Assistant Principal’s Office immediately.
- Lost or stolen devices/peripherals are not covered by payment of the use fee. In these cases, pupils/parents are required to pay the full cost of the replacement of the device/peripherals.
- Damage caused intentionally or by inappropriate usage that violates the District’s acceptable use policy (#2361) or the School District Provided Technology Devices to Pupils policy (#7523) is NOT covered by payment of the use fee.
- Pupils/Parents choosing to waive fee payment shall incur a fine for a repairs caused by damage of the device/peripherals. The fine costs are defined in Policy #7523.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org