Coronavirus Updates and Information
Last Updated: Mon 5/18/20 10:00 A.M.
This page serves as the central location for the most current updates an announcements related how the Coronavirus outbreak is affecting the Manasquan School District. IMPORTANT NOTE: We will be updating our website, event calendars, etc. as quickly as possible to reflect any schedule changes, but with potentially rapid changes, please refer to this page for the most current announcements.
- District schools are CLOSED for in-person instruction for the rest of the 2019-20 academic year.
- The District will be implementing its Health-Related School Closure Preparedness Plan (details of Home Learning & Student Responsibilities below) in order to continue educational services while students are at home.
- All extra-curricular activities and athletics are suspended while school is closed.
- Free & reduced lunch students, click here for info, pickup hours, & locations.
- School buildings and offices are closed to staff, students and the public. All staff continue to work remotely and can be contacted via phone or email.
- ONLY the high school gymnasium entrance will remain open for students for tech support ONLY from 10 am-1 pm weekdays.
Home Learning & Student Responsibilities
Students in Grades Pre-K through 5:
Beginning on Monday 3/30, we are asking parents to visit the individual web page for your child’s homeroom teacher. Daily plans will be listed with easy-to-follow directions for completion of the lessons. Each day a language arts lesson and a mathematics lesson will be presented. Students will also be given a science lesson and a social studies lesson with an accompanying activity that will be assigned on Monday and simply needs to be completed by the end of the week on Friday. In addition, please remember to visit your child’s Special Subject Area teachers’ web pages for weekly activities that are to be completed as part of our comprehensive instructional program.
Please know that we have also created a schedule for any planned “live” instruction at each grade level in order to avoid a conflict with families that include more than one elementary school child. For days that include a “live” lesson, teachers will alert you to the exact time of the lesson during the following hours:
Preschool & Kindergarten 10:00 am – 10:45 am
First Grade 10:45 am – 11:30 am
Second Grade 11:30 am - 12:15 pm
Third Grade 12:15 pm - 1:00 pm
Fourth Grade 9:15 am - 10:00 am
Fifth Grade 8:30 am - 9:15 am
Students in grades 6-12 should begin online learning through the Canvas learning management system and following their bell schedule as if they were in school. Students without internet access at home or another location of their choosing should contact the District at 732-528-8820 Ext. 1990 (HS) or 732-528-8810 Ext. 2990 (ES).
- See New Bell Schedules Effective Monday, April 6 here.
District Letters and Documents
- Superintendent's Email re: End of School Year Events (5/13/2020)
- Superintendent's Email re: School Closure Update (5/4/2020)
- Superintendent's Letter re: New Virtual School Day Bell Schedules (3/31/2020)
- Superintendent's Letter re: Closing Update & Spring Recess (3/27/2020)
- Health-Related School Closure Preparedness Plan (Rev 3 BOE Approved 5/12/2020)
- Manasquan School District Pandemic/Influenza Response Plan
Links and Resources
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- NJ Department of Health
- Monmouth County Health Department
- EPA's Registered Antimicrobial Products for Use Against Novel Coronavirus
- Broadband Options for Students: COVID-19 (from NJ School Boards Association)
- Childcare of Essential Personnel (from NJ Dept. of Children & Families)
- COVID19 Pandemic Resource Guide (from Monmouth County)