Employee contact records can be found on the Contacts tab of the employee portal. Every employee has at least one contact record (themselves) and should have at least one emergency contact record.
Here you will see an example of the Contacts tab. Notice the employee's contact record is in green and the employee's emergency contact is in orange.
Update the Employee Contact Record
Employees can update the phone number(s), personal email address(es), and home address of their own contact record using the portal.
To edit these records, click the 'Details...' button at the bottom of the employee's own contact card.
Here, the employee can:
- Add, update, or delete personal email address in the 'Email Addresses' section.
- After editing an existing email address, be sure to click the 'Update Emails' button.
- Add, update, or delete phone numbers in the 'Phone Numbers' section.
- After editing an existing email address, be sure to click the 'Update Phone Numbers' button.
- Update their mailing address(es) in the 'Addresses' section.
Adding an Emergency Contact
Every employee is required to have at least one emergency contact.
To add an emergency contact:
- From the Employee Portal Contacts tab, click the 'Add Contact' button.
- Enter the first name, last name, and relationship of the emergency contact in the form that appears. Also, be sure to check the Emergency Contact box to indicate the person is to be used as an emergency contact. Then click the 'Add' button.
- Once the emergency contact has been added, you will be taken to their Contact Demographics screen. This screen is similar to the employee's own contact details described above.
- For an emergency contact, be sure to at minimum enter a phone number by clicking the 'Add Phone Number' button.
- Once a phone number has been added, the required information for your emergency contact has been added, and the employee can click the Contacts tab to return to view all of their contact cards.
These steps are also summarized in a short video demonstration here.
Updating an Emergency Contact
Employees can update any of the information for an emergency contact record.
To edit an emergency contact records, click the 'Details...' button at the bottom of the emergency contact's contact card:
Here, the employee can:
- Add, update, or delete email address(es), phone number(s), or address(es) in each respective section.
- After editing an existing email address, phone number, or address, be sure to click the respective 'Update...' button.
Delete an Emergency Contact
Employees can delete an emergency contact record from their Contacts tab by clicking the 'Delete' button at the bottom of the contact card of that individual: