New Student Registration Frequently Asked Questions
What immunizations are required for enrollment in school?
To prevent some of the most serious infections, the New Jersey school immunization rules, Immunization of Pupils in Schools (N.J.A.C. 8:57-4) require students to receive a series of immunizations prior to attendance at school.
These immunization rules are maintained by the NJ Department of Health. We suggest you review their website at https://nj.gov/health/cd/imm_requirements for more information.
This website also contains information on religious and medical exemptions.
What proofs of residency are accepted?
Under NJAC 6A:22-3.4, a district board of education shall accept a combination of any of the following or similar forms of documentation from persons attempting to demonstrate a student's eligibility for enrollment in the school district:
1. Property tax bills; deeds; contracts of sale; leases; mortgages; signed letters from landlords; and other evidence of property ownership, tenancy, or residency;
2. Voter registrations; licenses; permits; financial account information; utility bills; delivery receipts; and other evidence of personal attachment to a particular location;
3. Court orders; State agency agreements; and other evidence of court or agency placements or directives;
4. Receipts; bills; cancelled checks; insurance claims or payments; and other evidence of expenditures demonstrating personal attachment to a particular location or to support the student;
5. Medical reports; counselor or social worker assessments; employment documents; unemployment claims; benefit statements; and other evidence of circumstances demonstrating family or economic hardship, or temporary residency;
6. Affidavits, certifications, and sworn attestations pertaining to statutory criteria for school attendance from the parent, guardian, person keeping an "affidavit student," adult student, person(s) with whom a family is living, or others, as appropriate;
7. Documents pertaining to military status and assignment; and
8. Any other business record or document issued by a governmental entity.