• New Student Registration Frequently Asked Questions

  • What immunizations are required for enrollment in school?

    Posted by:

    To prevent some of the most serious infections, the New Jersey school immunization rules, Immunization of Pupils in Schools (N.J.A.C. 8:57-4) require students to receive a series of immunizations prior to attendance at school.

    These immunization rules are maintained by the NJ Department of Health.  We suggest you review their website at https://nj.gov/health/cd/imm_requirements for more information.

    This website also contains information on religious and medical exemptions.

    Comments (-1)
  • What proofs of residency are accepted?

    Posted by:

    Under NJAC 6A:22-3.4, a district board of education shall accept a combination of any of the following or similar forms of documentation from persons attempting to demonstrate a student's eligibility for enrollment in the school district:

    1. Property tax bills; deeds; contracts of sale; leases; mortgages; signed letters from landlords; and other evidence of property ownership, tenancy, or residency;

    2. Voter registrations; licenses; permits; financial account information; utility bills; delivery receipts; and other evidence of personal attachment to a particular location;

    3. Court orders; State agency agreements; and other evidence of court or agency placements or directives;

    4. Receipts; bills; cancelled checks; insurance claims or payments; and other evidence of expenditures demonstrating personal attachment to a particular location or to support the student;

    5. Medical reports; counselor or social worker assessments; employment documents; unemployment claims; benefit statements; and other evidence of circumstances demonstrating family or economic hardship, or temporary residency;

    6. Affidavits, certifications, and sworn attestations pertaining to statutory criteria for school attendance from the parent, guardian, person keeping an "affidavit student," adult student, person(s) with whom a family is living, or others, as appropriate;

    7. Documents pertaining to military status and assignment; and

    8. Any other business record or document issued by a governmental entity.


    Comments (-1)