Wilson Fundations makes learning to read fun while laying down the groundwork for life-long literacy. Fundations provides children of varying learning abilities with a foundation for reading and spelling. It provides teachers with the skills and tools needed to present a structured, sequential, and cumulative phonics/spelling program using multisensory teaching techniques.
As a recognized leader in multisensory language programs, Wilson brings more than a decade of systematic and explicit instruction to the K-3 classroom. Wilson Fundations provides research-based materials and strategies essential to a comprehensive reading and writing program.
· Emphasis on systematic phonics and study of word structure
· Skills taught explicitly and systematically
· Instruction is cumulative and scaffolds presented skills
· Teachers model with “Echo” the owl puppet directing students to repeat sounds, words, and sentences
· Assessments monitor students throughout the program
· The manual provides direction for support staff to meet individual student needs
· Extensive practice provides multiple opportunities for skills application
· Home Support Packet encourages parental involvement