MANASQUAN DISTRICT GOALS 2012-2013
Adopted by the Board of Education 9/25/2012
- The district will ensure that all students achieve to their full potential academically and acquirethe essential 21st century life skills necessary to be successful in higher education or the workforce.To accomplish this:
- The district will meet the New Jersey State annual measurable objectives (AMOs) at each grade level of the NJASK and the HSPA.
- The district will meet or exceed the DFG in all areas and grade levels of the NJASK and HSPA.
- All students will be reading at or above grade level by the end of third grade as determined by the Fountas & Pinnell Benchmark Assessment System.
- All teachers will receive professional development on implementing the Common Core Standards to meet state requirements.
- All certified staff will receive professional development on the Charlotte Danielson Frameworks for Professional Practice for implementation of the new teacher evaluation model in the 2013-2014 school year.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the inclusion model by examining and monitoring studentacademic growth using data from report cards, state tests, IEP progress reports andevaluations by the Child Study Team.
- In collaboration with the sending districts develop a plan to ensure all freshman havethe opportunity to enroll in Biology.
- Increase the average daily attendance at MHS and MES to 96% to meet the benchmarkset by the state.
- To develop a plan for implementation at the end of the 2012-2013 school year,for increasing the number of eighth grade students selecting to attend Manasquan High School.
The district will use the results of the energy audit by DomeTech and advice from FVHD Engineering to determine projects that will improve energy efficiency of our buildings.
- Implement suggestions from the Energy Audit that are fiscally achievable.
- Continue to monitor the market for appropriate time to move forward with a solar project.
- Investigate the repair/replacement of the aging HVAC units in Manasquan High School and the replacement of the control system in the media center addition.
- The administration will evaluate classroom space and athletic facilities for better utilization of all high school buildings and grounds.
The district will develop an asset management plan/five-year facilities plan and determine a method of funding the plan.
The district will embark on the creation of a three to five-year Strategic Plan to be completed and presented to the Board of Education for adoption and implementation by the beginning of the2014-2015 academic year. The plan, built with input from students, parents, staff and communitymembers, will serve as the Manasquan School District’s vision of the future.
- The district will implement a revised 3 to 5 year technology plan with the primary goalof providing cutting edge, 21st century tools to all students and staff and incorporating moreeffective communications tools for the students, staff and community with updates to the web-site and learning portals.
- The district will successfully implement and manage a bid process to accommodate the appropriate access and wiring necessary for Manasquan Elementary School, with a completion of work date no later than the start of the 2013-2014 school year.